Solotvin - general information

Community: 

Solotvin was established in the second half of the seventeenth century as a local gentry's estate (Pinkas Kehilot, 350). A wooden Roman-Catholic church existed since 1666, and was rebuilt in 1740 (Słownik, 11:66). In the eighteenth century, there were three Greek Catholic (Uniate) churches (Słownik, 11:66).

Solotvin was an important source for mined salt (Pinkas Kehilot, 350).