Jewish Galicia and Bukovina aims in its work to document and disseminate the main aspects of Jewish life in these regions, both physically and academically. To this end, we are engaged in four major areas of activity:
* Developing an online free of charge database on the Jewish history of Galicia and Bukovina.
* Annual fieldwork teams documenting the physical remnants of Jewish life.
* Preserving the cultural and rabbinic heritage of these Jewish communities.
* Extending fellowships to Israeli and Ukrainian students who are researching relevant topics for advanced degrees.
* Delivering academic courses on Jewish culture in Galicia and Bukovina in Ukrainian Universities